Here, I will chonical the days of my life. My journey as a wife and learning how to be Mrs. Wonderful to my Mr. Everything. My adventure in making our first house into a cozy home. My love for romance and beauty as an event coordinator and sharing my excitement for all things pretty in between. My So here it is, raw and uncut. Our story, Our life, One Blog at a time.

DIY INVITES: Part Four: Assembly Line

Thursday, April 1, 2010

We had our first assembly line about two days ago and boy was it challenging.


At one end of the dinning room table, I had my FSIL, Melody sew the black satin ribbon. Yup, you heard right! S-E-W. I know, right?! Pretty insane. HA


Next to her sat my little brother/groomsman, Jaryd clipping one end of the rings with a strong and sturdy wire cutter.

And then there was my handsome future hubby lining up the satin ribbon and taping them on the back.

And my job was to secure the brooch onto the ribbon and tape the the main invite to a black panel card for a finished look.

Here is an overview of our assembly line.
About an hour into the project my brother and FSIL had to leave... so it was up to Ramon and I to put a dent into our production.

Three hours later, after Ramon and I busting our booties off by sewing, taping, cutting and clipping, we decided to do a count of the nights success.

We completed 23!!! HA! We looked at each other in shock. "huh, only 23? You have got to be kidding me." lol. So we counted again and with our heads tilted to the side, we accepted 23 completed invites.

Man-o-man. Boy do I know how to pick and put together one hell of a project. lol.

My next invite post will reveal our FULL AND COMPLETED INVITE!! woot woot! So please, come back and see what all the fuss is really about ;)

1 comment:

My Dream Ring said...

Lookin' good so far! Keep it going...

Post a Comment

 

Custom Blogger Template by Brunette Studio 2009

Back to TOP