Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Ramon and I have been dating since June 16, 2001. We are true high school sweethearts!! After 4 years of dating, I started getting the "I want to get married" itch. Year after year I sworn to myself that this is it! This is the year he will pop the question. Well, to my surprise, it never happened. Until.....
Thursday, December 25th, 2008! and here's how it went.
Ramon and I were on our way to midnight mass (Christmas eve) and running a little behind schedule. When we arrived it was about 5 minutes till midnight. I was freaking out that we were going to be late. Ramon on the other hand was totally chilled. Not trippen at all. I thought to myself that it was a little odd since he is a huge stickler about time. Anyways, we found parking and started speed walking to the church. As we approached the front Ramon asked me to turn around. I annoyingly did and to my surprise the moment had arrived. Exactly the strike of midnight Ramon got on one knee and opened a box showcasing my ring. And out came the magic words "Jaryce, will you marry me?" I was jumping up and down. We kissed and EVERYONE was cheering for us and congratulating us on our engagement as they were rushing in the church to find a seat.
Not too long ago I told him about my dream proposal. How I wanted it to be on Christmas day and in front of my WHOLE family. That would've have been ideal for me. But when I think about it, I am so happy he proposed the way he did. Nothing is better than asking me on God's front steps, just him and I. It was so intimate and memorable. I wouldn't trade that feeling at that very moment for the world!
Here are a few pics of my bling and with my husband-to-be!!
When I hear Better Together by Jack Johnson it brings me to such a happy place. I reflect on the good, the bad and the irreplaceable times I have shared with Ramon.
Better Together by Jack Johnson
Click here to listen.
Monday, December 29, 2008
What you'll need:
- Invitation box set purchased from Office Depot. Includes: Card stock invites, RSVP cards, Monogram stickers, Invite envelopes and RSVP card envelopes.
- Bridesmaid dress stamp @ $10.95 - 1.25 inch satin ribbon in Aubergine @ $0.92 each yard - Watermark stamp pad @ $4.99 - 10 oz. aubergine embossing powder @ $3.49, Embossing heating gun @ $22.00, Krazy glue pen @ $3.49 and Swarovski adhesive crystals @ $3.99 per pack was ALL purchased from Michael's Craft Store.
- Create on Word.
- Find/create a poem. Copy and paste onto your Word document.
- Make sure to adjust margins accordingly to card stock size.
- Change the font/font color to your likings.
- Allow at least 3-4 inches at the bottom for stamp.
- TIME TO EMBOSS!!
- Take your stamp and apply in your clear Watermark stamp pad.
- Gently but firmly stamp to the card stock. Hold for about 3-5 seconds and lift.
- Take your embossing powder and sprinkle it onto the stamp.
- Take your embossing heating gun and dry the powder approximately 4-6 inches away from card stock.
- Dry until you notice the powder creating a metallic look and a 3D feel.
- TIME TO CRYSTALIZE!!
- Take your Krazy glue pen and dab 3 dots on the belt line of the dress.
- Place a Swarovski crystal on each dot.
- TIEING IT ALL TOGETHER!!
- Take your ribbon, tie a knot, bow or whatever you like...
...and VOILA! A beautiful card to ask your beautiful ladies to stand by you on your most important day of your life!
And we can't forget about our wonderful envelopes.
- Envelopes from the invitation kit mentioned above.
- Already made wax seals with engraved heart monograms.
- Print envelopes on Word - Envelopes and Labels
- Fill in the Delivery Address and Return Address
- Seal the back with the wax seals.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
If you do decide to book on a Sunday, consider Memorial Day Weekend or Labor Day Weekend where most all guests have the following Monday off. That way people can still party the night away without having to worry about work the next day.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Sign up to receive special offers from Wedding Stand (via online newsletter), plus a FREE one-year subscription to the leading wedding source, Bridal Guide Magazine. To get your free one year subscription, sign up here.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
We've been together for 7 1/2 years. SEVEN AND A HALF YEARS of realness. Seven years of growing up with each other. Full of happiness, excitement, adventure, sadness, anger and disappointment. So of course we've had a few bumps in the road. And maybe a few pot holes here and there. And maybe we've ran through a few red lights once or twice, but nonetheless, my love, my passion and my heart remains his.
I think it's because he's a gentleman. He still opens the door for me. He still holds my hand every time we walk up stairs to make sure I keep my balance. He stays up with me through the night after watching a scary movie. He holds me when I'm sad. He holds me when I'm happy. And most of the time, he just holds me JUST BECAUSE. He drops me off to work every morning at 5:30am and picks me up at 4:30pm. He's been able to maintain a perfect "ON TIME" record. I have yet to wait for him. He loves and cherishes my family. And most of all, He loves me! He loves who I was, who I am and who I'll be tomorrow. I know I'd never have to doubt that.
If I could, I could go on and on. But if I had to chose one reason why I love him, it would be.... because I can be myself when I'm with him. Nothing more, nothing less. Just me! As is!
He's my everything. If I lost him, I'd be left with nothing.
So that leaves me with one question: How blessed am I to have everything?...
Friday, December 12, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
Join me in this crazy, exciting, unknown chapter in my life where I unravel how this girl becomes a woman. A married woman.
WEDDING INSPIRATION BLOGS
Little White Book
The Brides Cafe
Elizabeth Anne Designs
Aerialist Press - Specializes in Letter Pressing