Here, I will chonical the days of my life. My journey as a wife and learning how to be Mrs. Wonderful to my Mr. Everything. My adventure in making our first house into a cozy home. My love for romance and beauty as an event coordinator and sharing my excitement for all things pretty in between. My So here it is, raw and uncut. Our story, Our life, One Blog at a time.

DIY Moss Letters!!!

Monday, May 17, 2010

For those of you who aren't aware, I am being thrown the best bridal shower ever. And what better way to celebrate a bridal shower other than a having a GARDEN TEA PARTY! Yay!

I thought moss letters would be a perfect addition and decided to take up this crazy DIY project!

I purchased ENORMOUS letters {monogram style} from Mr. Woody {a seller on etsy of course!}. I had all 3 letters custom sized. The "J" and "R" stands 18 inches tall as the "N" stands a whopping 28 inches. haha. {a little overboard can ya say?}


I purchased the vibrant green sheet moss from Natural Green Moss Products via eBay. I chose "sheet moss" because it is easier to work with and finished the letters with a more clean and even look as oppose to using loose moss.


All that was left to do was to cut by size...


and glue the sheet moss to the wooden letter.
{using a glue gun is the best method for this project}


After about 2 hours of perfecting my moss gluing mojo, I was very, very please with the outcome!


Ta-Dah!!


And there ya have it! Easy, breezy, beautiful moss covered letters!

2 comments:

JEM - Aqua Bride said...

Very Nice. you're so talented.

My Dream Ring said...

Those are FAB Jaryce!

Post a Comment

 

Custom Blogger Template by Brunette Studio 2009

Back to TOP