Here, I will chonical the days of my life. My journey as a wife and learning how to be Mrs. Wonderful to my Mr. Everything. My adventure in making our first house into a cozy home. My love for romance and beauty as an event coordinator and sharing my excitement for all things pretty in between. My So here it is, raw and uncut. Our story, Our life, One Blog at a time.

DIY Reserve Signs!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Ramon and I opted out on decorating our ceremony. We decided to leave our church just the way it is. However, we did get to have a little bit of fun making awesome reserve signs for our parents, bridal party and Godparents.

The design was made by me and Alex brought it o life.

We decided to spruce it up a bit by adorning both flourishes with a simple amber crystal which was purchased in the dollar bin at Michael's! We also incorporated a black plash using a gold shimmery card stock paper to boarder the main sign.

We attached a 2.5 inch double faced satin ribbon in a "old gold" color to use to hang on the pews of the church. To give the ribbon a finished look, we clipped the edges and sealed it with clear nail polish to avoid from fraying.

We made a total of 6 signs. This was probably the easiest DIY project by far!

YAY for another thing checked off the list! Phew!

3 comments:

My Dream Ring said...

So Pretty.....

amber said...

Those are great! Are they total DIY? If so what font did you use? I love the scrolls and colors. And thanks for the nail polish on the ribbon edge tip, I would not have thought of that.

Laura Parkinson said...

Your blog is a total inspiration for me!
I was wondering if you still had the template for the reserved signs???

if you do, I was wondering if you would be willing to share??

my email
lasanchez09@gmail.com

Post a Comment

 

Custom Blogger Template by Brunette Studio 2009

Back to TOP